Summer Reads, Mrs. Tara Dew's Picks



This summer, we have highlighted SEBTS women and their suggestions for summer reading. Today's post is from Tara Dew, a Professor’s Wife, EdD Student and Mom.  Read on to discover her Good Summer Reads…

Hi Ladies!



What a blessing it is to guest post here on the Women's Life blog for your "Summer Reads" series. Before I recommend some of my favorite books, I wanted to give you a little background on why I chose these: Someone once asked me what kind of books I read for fun, and I half-jokingly said, "SELF-HELP!" It's true though; I haven't read any fiction or non-fiction books since college! And ever since becoming a mom--when I have free time to read—it’s normally a book about being a better wife, mother, or daughter in the faith. So, now that you have my disclaimer, here are some of my favorite self-help books :)

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl 
by Lysa Terkeust
  
Lysa is the founder of Proverbs 31 ministries and has a delightful, genuine and transparent way of addressing delicate subjects. In this book, Lysa encourages her readers to not only know God's truth but to live it out in their daily lives, allowing Christianity to be more than a Sunday-morning event. She addresses heart issues, insecurities, temptations and expectations and challenges her readers to experience a faith-filled walk with God, even in the midst of the mundane, like dishes, cooking, housework or gardening. Her writing style is funny and easy to read, yet convicting and encouraging!
   
The Mission of Motherhood 
by Sally Clarkson

Sally Clarkson is one of my favorite authors about motherhood! This was the first book that I ever read by her and one that has made the biggest impact on how I view the incredible honor of training my children's souls for eternity. Sally encourages moms to fill their own souls with Biblical truths in order to then pass them along to your children. She talks about the importance of instilling beauty and order in your home and living each day with the priority of eternity.

 Growing Grateful Kids

by Susie Larson
 

Gratitude is something that does not come naturally to any of us, but especially to kids! I loved this book because Susie gives you practical ways of instilling thankfulness into your daily routine, like stopping to thank God for your car-load of groceries before ever leaving the parking lot. Susie is quick to point out though that you cannot impart to your kids something that you do not possess. Growing grateful kids means learning to be a grateful parent! A good reminder for all of us...


I hope you will enjoy some of these "self-help" books this summer!

Blessings to each of you,

Tara
  

Tara Dew, is married to her high school sweetheart, Jamie, a professor here at SEBTS, and the Lord has blessed them with 4 children.  She is currently a stay-at-home Mom who homeschools. In addition to teaching children, she enjoys all aspects of Women’s Ministry, Ladies Bible Study, and Children’s Ministry.  She was a Pastor’s Wife for 9 years, and now enjoys being a Professor’s wife and focusing her attention and ministry on the students of SEBTS.  In her spare time, she enjoys reading, watching movies, going shopping, and traveling!

 
 




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.