Good Summer Reads, {Fawn Burkett's Picks}



This summer, we have highlighted SEBTS women and their suggestions for summer reading. Today's post is from Fawn Burkett, a professor’s wife, a mom, and a mentor.  Read on to discover her good summer reads…
 Calm My Anxious Heart
by Linda Dillow 



This is a book for those of us who are "worriers". It talks about learning to be content and trusting God. It has study questions in the back and can be done with a group or by yourself. I've read it twice in a group study and found it encouraging to discuss it with other women.


















Passion and Purity
by Elisabeth Elliot

  This is a great book for single women. When I was single a friend of mine let me borrow her copy. I loved it so much I bought my own copy and recommended it to my single friends. This book is about Jim and Elisabeth's relationship and the importance of waiting on God and putting His desires ahead of our own. It helped me to not be discouraged or get ahead of God but be content to wait on Him and His plans for my life (especially in relationships).

 













Predator 

 by Terri Blackstock


 Terri Blackstock is one of my favorite Christian fiction authors. In this book she addresses some of the dangers of social media (such as Facebook) and why women should be careful when posting information about themselves. This was a suspenseful book to me because even though it is fictional I felt the story was very real. It has helped me to be more discerning and selective when using social media.








 

 Hi! My name is Fawn Burkett. My husband is John Burkett who is the director of the Writing Center and teaches English in the College. We met in a church singles group in Fort Worth, Texas where I'm from.  I have one son and I'm a stay at home mom. I love to read at night during my "down time". I mainly read Christian fiction and love a good mystery/suspense. I also read to my son who loves books and his favorite time of the day is storytime. I also like hiking with my family and baking sweets (and eating them!).
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.