Q & A with Mrs. Charlotte Akin


At our first Connecting Point event last fall we did a Q&A session with Mrs. Charlotte Akin, and Mrs. Denise O'Donoghue.  It was such a hit, that we decided to offer it on our blog!  Today we will hear from  Mrs. Charlotte Akin, the wife of Dr. Danny Akin, the President of SEBTS.

Leave a question in the comment box, we will have Mrs. Akin answer your questions! 

What are your hopes for the female students and wives here at SEBTS?

Mrs. Akin: To allow the Lord to guide them in every area of their lives. To follow Him and Him alone completely.

What are your suggestions as to ways that female students & wives can “get involved’ here at SEBTS?
   
Mrs. Akin: To try to go to chapel whenever they can, for the wives to arrange to get a babysitter and sit in on some of their husband’s classes, and for the students and wives to attend as many Connecting Point fellowships as they can. This will introduce you to the Women’s Life Office and also introduce you to more wives and students.

What is the biggest or most powerful lesson you learned during your family’s time in seminary?

Mrs. Akin: To not allow outside things (i.e., church things and other things) to invade your family time.

What are some suggestions you might have for our students on time management?  How can they get “stuff” done & still have time for fun? 

Mrs. Akin: You really do have to prioritize, and you do have to decide to do the best things, even over other good things. Having a willingness to be flexible, and even a sense of humor goes a long way in helping to put things in perspective.

How can I keep my quiet time with the Lord in the midst of all that school requires of me?

Mrs. Akin: Your quiet time will always be the one thing that Satan is going to fight you over. There is never that perfect time, so the key for me is to just do it. It doesn’t have to be in a neat little package. It doesn’t have to always be in the same way. But I have to find that time to communicate with the Lord and to stay in His Word.

How can I keep my quiet time with the Lord in the midst of all that being a seminary wife requires of me?

Mrs. Akin: Same answer as above, but keep in mind that if you have small children, your expectations need to be realistic. As a mother and a wife, you have many responsibilities on your plate. As stated above, there is no perfect way to do this. You have to be determined and creative in how you have your quiet time.

What is your favorite quick & easy meal to fix?

Mrs. Akin: Spaghetti or tacos, or a frou-frou salad with everything in it!

What’s your funniest wife moment that you are free to share with us?

Mrs.Akin: Once when I was talking with a professor at a school where Danny was a new faculty member, he asked me where I went to school. I just blurted out, “Palmetto High School!” Then I thought—Oh, he meant college! And I said to him, “Well, I didn’t go to college. I married Danny when I was 19, and we started having babies, and I became a stay-at-home mom.” And I looked at Danny after I said that, and he hugged me and smiled and said, “Good answer!”

 
Dr. and Mrs. Akin with their grandchildren.

Leave your question(s) for Mrs. Akin in the comment section below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.