Where in the world is SEBTS? {Catherine Blinson}


WHERE CAN YOU FIND SEBTS THIS SUMMER? 

Our own Catherine (Cat) Blinson will be serving her family at home in Youngsville.


It’s finally here! Summer, that is. 
I am beyond excited to tell you about my summer plans for this year! I have been looking forward to it for quite some time now. It looks a little different than the past few years, but I am eager to see how the Lord uses me this summer.

Where will you be and what are your plans for the summer?
The past few summers, I have either worked at a kids camp or gone on a mission trip, which I loved! This summer, my sister and her family are coming home to the states after being in Scotland for school for over three years. After turning down several job opportunities, I decided that it would be a huge help and a blessing if I stayed in my home town and helped out with their kids this summer. I did not know what that would look like, but I prayed about it and felt like the Lord was really leading me in that direction. I am looking forward to what He is going to teach me through this new journey.


Who will you be with?
I will be enjoying time with all of my family this summer. Also, will be spending time with my church family and close friends before some of them leave for the summer.


What will you be doing? How will you be serving?
I will be playing the role of “Aunt Cat” and serving my family. I will be taking care of my niece and nephews- Hugh, Augustine and Jane. I hope to be able to introduce them to berry picking, fro-yo (frozen yogurt), museums in Raleigh, the pool, good ole Chick-fil-a, and maybe even some Pinterest crafts. We will be celebrating my niece’s second birthday this week and my nephew's birthday in July. Toward the end of the summer, we will be headed to the beach for some vacation time with my dad. I will be listening to my nephew's amazing British accent (yep, you got that right!), snuggling with my six week old cuddle bug, being girly with my little princess, and learning what it looks like to serve others around me. I am excited to see how God will use me this summer as I strive to serve my family. I pray that I will be gracious and loving, even when I am tired from a long day with three young kids. I pray that I will be uplifting and helpful to my sister and her husband.

What are you most looking forward to this summer?
I absolutely love kids. I love being silly, swimming, playing games, dressing up, taking pictures, going on adventures, and just being a kid. So I am pumped that I not only get to hang with three kids, but I actually get to spend ALL SUMMER with my family. I never knew how hard it was to be away from family until they left for the UK for over three years. I am so blessed and thankful that they are home now and that we get to make some good memories together this summer. 


Thanks for reading; hope y'all have a great summer!

1 Peter 5:6-7 : Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 





Catherine Blinson loves her Father, the outdoors, photography, and missions. She is a senior at the college of Southeastern and is apart of the Connection Point Ministry Team here on campus. She attends Open Door Baptist Church in Raleigh. Please be praying for Catherine as she faithfully strives to serve others around her in her home town this summer. You can check out her personal blog here: www.catblinson.wordpress.com







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.