Firm to the End (Part 3 of Fear Fighting Counsel)

Reblogged from girltalk
1.6.11  |   by Nicole Whitacre 

Sometimes, when battling fear, I am unable to effectively speak truth to myself. I try, but it just doesn't stick. In such cases, I need others to talk to me. So I tell them about my fears and ask them to speak appropriate biblical truth to those fears.

God anticipates our need for community in fighting unbelief: "Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end" (Heb 3:13-14).

I need those who "have come to share in Christ" to help me "hold [my] original confidence firm to the end."

It isn't always easy to confess fear. We might fear what others will think of our fear! We might not want to appear weak. But in the very act of asking for help, we are opening the door of humility through which God promises His grace will always come rushing in (James 4:6).


So if you feel as if you are losing your battle against fear today, enlist an ally in the fight. Ask a friend who "shares in Christ" to help you hold fast to gospel truth.

Click to see the Part 1 and Part 2 of the Fear Fighting Counsel posts from girltalk. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.