{Insider Info} What's your degree program, Lacy?

About Me

Hi there! My name is Lacy Fairchild, and I am in my third semester here at Southeastern where I am pursuing a Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies. I attend Bay Leaf Baptist Church in Raleigh, and I am so thankful the Lord has placed me there.


What made you choose this degree?
When I first came to Southeastern, I was going to study Missiology. However, after spending some time in prayer, I decided to switch to Intercultural Studies.  I chose this degree because of a mission trip to Turkey that I went on when I was a sophomore in college.  It was after that mission trip that I felt like God was revealing to me the call of missions on my life.  After going to Turkey, I served a summer in South Africa and I was able to serve in China with Bay Leaf this past summer.  I want to share the love of Christ with the nations.

How do you want to use this degree when you finish?
When I finish this degree, I hope to go overseas (in God's timing, of course!). My undergraduate degree is in Fitness and Wellness. Therefore, I want to work in countries where they suffer from malnutrition because of the poverty levels. Most of all, I just want to love on the people and share His Word and love with them.

How have some of the courses that you have taken benefited you already?
I have benefited from taking a lot of mission classes already, because the professors of those classes have been such an encouragement.  In each class that I have had the opportunity to attend, I have been able to see my professors’ passion for how we need to go and reach the nations.  Currently, I am taking an Evangelism course, and it has been teaching me how to get out of my comfort zone in sharing the Gospel with people around me.  This is helping prepare me for going overseas to share about the love of Christ.

Is there any advice you would give to students who are thinking of pursing this degree?
I would give the same advice to students who are thinking about pursuing any degree: set aside some time to have a quiet time with the Lord.  That is one thing that has truly helped get me through each day.  Also, get involved in a local church where you can be around a community of believers who build you up and encourage you. 

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, “Here I am! Send me." - Isaiah 6:8 

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.