girltalk Interviews Heather Platt



Reblogged from girltalk
May 29, 2012  |   by Carolyn Mahaney

Side note - girltalk is one of our favorite blog's here in the Women's Life Office.  If you are an avid blog reader add this blog to your blogroll.  Not only do they have great post's but there are also resources available on the blog.  Check it out today! 

It's been a few years, but we're excited to bring back our girl~to~girltalk interview series. In the past, we've been privileged to give you a glimpse into the lives of women such as Noël Piper, Mary Mohler, and Nancy Leigh DeMoss. We have several interviews planned for the next few months and today we are very pleased to welcome Heather Platt to girltalk. Heather is the wife of David Platt, Senior Pastor of The Church at Brook Hills and author of the book Radical. Heather serves David as he leads the church and travels internationally. She is the busy mom of three young children. We have not yet had the privilege to meet Heather personally, but have been so blessed by her godly character that shines through in this interview. We are sure you will be blessed as well. We asked Heather to answer a few brief questions to help us get to know her. More of the interview will follow in the days ahead.

Heather Platt

 

heather platt You probably know me as: David Platt's wife
I've been married for: 13 years this December

My children are: Caleb - 6, Joshua - 4, Mara Ruth - 22 months, and one on the way, Lord willing, in November

I was born/grew up in: Atlanta, GA

After the Bible, the best Christian book I've ever read: That's a tough one because I love to read. I have loved many books, but Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers are two of my favorites. I also love reading Christian biographies.  

Currently I am reading: The Well-Trained Mind (it's a homeschooling book so I can learn what in the world I am suppose to teach my kids for 1st grade!)

The movie I've watched more times than any other: It's a Wonderful Life

The music you're most likely to find me listening to: praise and worship

My favorite food: seafood

My favorite morning beverage: coffee

The household chore I most enjoy: cleaning and de-cluttering to make things more organized

If I have free time, you'll most likely find me: reading or exercising

My favorite place in the world: the beach!

The Bible verse I return to most often: Matthew 5:16, "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.