Christmas Traditions {Part 4}


The Christmas season is upon us!  Walking Worthy is bringing you posts full of Christmas traditions from our very own Southeastern family.  This week, Tara Dew shares some of the Christmas books that her family reads each year.  Enjoy!

I have been a lover of Children's books for as long as I can remember. Growing up, my Mom would take us to the bookstore on special occasions and I vividly recall buying a chapter book (like Ramona & Beezus, Socks, Charlotte's Web, etc.) and reading it until the cover would fall off.  As I grew older and my desire to become a teacher grew stronger, my quest for children's books only heightened. I would scour used book sales, yard sales, and the Scholastic News book flyers were my favorite, especially with Teacher discounts!  

Well, some things never change! I still love books and I love sharing the joy of reading with my children. There is nothing better than getting all 4 of mine on the couch on a rainy afternoon and reading a good book! During this Christmas season, our Christmas books line our tree skirt so that they are easily accessible for eager readers.  At times, I'll come into the living room to find some (or all) sitting there "reading" one of our Christmas books! Makes my heart so happy :)


So, I thought it'd be fun to share some of our Christmas favorites, and then hear from you about yours :) I'm always on the look-out for a good book!!!

Without further ado, here are some of my current Christmas favorites:


And some of my other favorites, which are not pictured include:

Okay, so now its your turn! Please share your favorite kids Christmas books...

Ready, set, comment!Smiles,


Tara Dew, is married to her high school sweetheart, Jamie, a professor here at SEBTS, and the Lord has blessed them with 4 children.  She is currently a stay-at-home Mom who homeschools. In addition to teaching children, she enjoys all aspects of Women’s Ministry, Ladies Bible Study, and Children’s Ministry.  She was a Pastor’s Wife for 9 years, and now enjoys being a Professor’s wife and focusing her attention and ministry on the students of SEBTS.  In her spare time, she enjoys reading, watching movies, going shopping, and traveling! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.