The impact of Connecting Point . . .


Connecting Point events at SEBTS are designed to bring women together and to impact our communities.  At our Connecting Point event on October 21, 2013 (Engaging Our Own), we prayed over missionaries in the U.S. and around the world who have been sent out from Southeastern.  

We also wrote them notes of encouragement and sent the wives of the North American church planters each a special gift. 


Dear Ladies of Connecting Point,

After a long, emotional week in the life of church planting, being a mom, and being a wife, a glimpse of hope came in the mail!  Your words of encouragement and talk of prayer could not have come at a better time.

To not feel alone in this mission for one moment was like fueling up my empty tank of passion for this calling.

I recall, during my short stay at SEBTS as a student wife preparing for the field, feeling so full of passion and energy for those that do not love our Lord. Being surrounded by Christians 24/7, neighbors, work, church, classes … I fed off that energy and spoke to missionaries every chance I got.  I wanted to know everything, ups and downs, challenges and struggles.  They all warned of the loneliness.  I doubted that would be the case for me. I make friends easy.

But at the end of our two years here in a very lost corner of the USA, I found myself lonely.  As I am finding joy in my love for God and love for the people God has called us to, I am also finding joy in little things I might not have found so joyful two years ago.  And now I am praising our Lord for working through the Connecting Point ministries to reach out and hold me and warm me up through a hot cup of joe!

Thank you ladies for being such the encouragement I needed on that very moment I opened the letter!

Thank you,
Darlene Dryer




Darlene Dryer is the daughter of a church planting missionary, a mother of three beautiful girls, and also the wife of a church planting missionary. She and her family are currently serving in Dubuque, Iowa and have planted River City Church. She enjoys planting churches with her husband and equipping other women to serve as pastor's wives.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.