When we don't like His plans


Katie Kasey shares part 2 of her blog from yesterday.  To read the previous blog post click here.


Have you ever felt like -What is God doing? How can this be best? This is not what I wanted! God, I believe you are sovereign and you orchestrate all things, but I don’t like this! 

This summer has been a huge lesson for me in serving God on his terms and in his ways and praising him even when I don’t particularly like the circumstances that he has ordained. 

Most recently, my sister and best friend suffered the disappointment of finding out her 1st baby will have to be delivered by c-section because he is breech. She went through very painful procedure for the doctors to try to turn him, but after all that, she will still have to have a c-section. We know God’s plan has prevailed and His way is best. Though on the surface of these circumstances, we just don’t like it!  

When my sister told me that the procedure didn’t work, I sat solemn. Sulking. My whole spirit and mood changed. I didn’t feel inspired to write the cards I had planned to write. I thought how thankful I would have been and how much I would have told of God’s great work if… if he has done what I wanted him to do! Then I recognized that I must thank him in the midst of these very circumstances that he has given to my family. I ask myself -what can I thank God for in these circumstances? Then my wonderful sister and brother-in-law sent out a message saying, “To God be the glory for accomplishing his plan and not ours!”
It’s really about surrender. And it’s about perspective. Where do I stand before this Great, All-knowing God? Are my ideas of what is good really better than what He has ordained? By what do I measure goodness? 

Oh how terribly arrogant we are when we think we could have made things work out for the better! How narrow-minded to believe that the circumstances that we don’t like are anything less than God’s perfect and purifying plan for our lives!


Katie Kasey is a 2+2 (International Church Planting M-Div) student at Southeastern. God has given Katie the privilege of serving Him at North Henderson Baptist Church in Henderson, NC. She is excitedly preparing to serve God overseas with the IMB. Katie’s family is one of her greatest joys in life. She loves being a new aunt! She also loves using photography to encourage others and promote God’s glory among all people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.