How are you living your life?


2 Corinthians 3:2-3 NIV- You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Philippians 1:27 NIV- Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel.

I want to share with you guys something that God taught me this morning.  As some of you might know, I am a soon to be minister’s wife.  I have been praying about my future marriage and I have prayed that God would make me into the wife that He would have me be.

This morning God showed me that since I will be a minister’s wife, it is important for me to live out the Godly messages that my future husband is preaching.  God has called him to teach and to be a vessel for Him to speak through.  How I conduct myself reflects on my fiancĂ©, his ministry, and his credibility.  If a group of people in our church hear him preach one thing, and see me (his wife) doing the complete opposite, people will take notice and disregard his teaching.

Now this post is not just for minister’s wives.  It is for all of you readers who call yourselves Christians.
Just as I represent my future husband, as a Christian, you represent God.  How you act sends a message to the people around you.  This message can be positive or negative.  Christians are often seen by unbelievers as hypocrites because we don’t conduct ourselves in the way that the Bible teaches.  

There is no such thing as a part time Christian!  We can’t only be Christians on Sundays or Christians in name only.  “Christian” is not a title, it is a lifestyle!  People learn about God through the Bible and through believers.  Are you validating or contradicting the Bible in the way that you live your life? 

My friend, I know this post might be a bit harsh, but it is true.  God longs for us to live for Him and to model with our words and our actions His word and His love for all mankind.  As pastor John Phillis states: Christianity written on the heart is Christianity in the most legible, the most positive, the most convincing and the most enduring form.

If you feel as if the way you have been living your everyday life doesn’t match up to how God instructs you to live, you can change.  That’s the great thing about God.  As I mentioned in my previous post, you can start afresh today and begin being the shining example of God that he so desperately longs for you to be.

 Grace McDaniel is a MA student at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and a native North Carolinian.  She is currently engaged to Dillon who is in the MDiv program at Southeastern.  Together they plan to follow God's call into ministry.  Dillon is currently the children's pastor at a local church and Grace plans to go into women's ministry.  You can check out more of Grace's devotions at: http://godsgurleternally.blogspot.com/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email address when entering for a giveaway.